Blackmagic Design announced DaVinci Resolve 16.1, a new update to the company’s popular edit, color, visual effects and audio post production software that includes major updates to the new cut page to help create the world’s fastest editor.
DaVinci Resolve 16.1 public beta is available for download now from the Blackmagic Design website.
While Blackmagic Design is announcing the final release of DaVinci Resolve 16.0, we are also introducing a new public beta of DaVinci Resolve 16.1 that has innovative new features. This new public beta will let us continue to develop new ideas but also collaborate with customers to ensure they are refined in the correct way to work in the real world.
As the large film studios that use DaVinci Resolve for most of the world’s feature films need to get their systems updated before the next programming season starts, this new public beta lets Blackmagic Design continue to develop new ideas without causing delays for the large studios who need a finished and well tested release of DaVinci Resolve. The new features are focused mostly on the new cut page, which we are continuing to work on in our goal to make it the world’s fastest editor. Our goal is to allow customers to dramatically decrease the total turn around time for complex work.
Changes in the bin now allow customers to place media in various folders and isolate clips from being used when viewing clips in the source tape, sync bin or sync window. Clips will be seen in all folders below the current level and as customers navigate around the levels in the bin, the source tape will reconfigure in real time. There’s even a menu for directly selecting folders in a customer’s project.
DaVinci Resolve 16.1 Features
- New public beta allows us to continue development.
- New updates allow editors to improve sorting of media.
- Smart Indicator adds UI feedback for intelligent edit features.
- New cut clip tool allows instant cutting of clips in the timeline.
- New button changes on DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard.
- Boring Detector shows areas of the timeline that lack interest.
- New Sync Bin organizes and displays sync media for easy shot selection.
- Close up edit mode now includes face recognition to better frame shots.
- New sync window allows manual syncing of clips, or audio based sync.
- Multiple other improvements in editing, color, Fusion and Fairlight audio pages.
DaVinci Resolve 16.1 public beta is available now for download from the Blackmagic Design web site.